23 October - 2 November 2022
Organizer Sofia Opera and Ballet
Venue Sofia Opera and Ballet Chamber Hall
30, Dondukov Blvd, Sofia
The International Master Vocal Course, under the direction of the renowned opera singer Vesselina Kasarova, will take place from 23 October to 2 November 2022 in Sofia.
The aim of the organizers is to support talented young opera singers in their vocal and professional development. The course programme includes work on vocal technique and on role interpretation. Repetiteur Vyara Shuperlieva. The course will end with a Gala Concert on 2 November at 19.00 on the stage of the Chamber Hall – Sofia Opera and Ballet.
CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATION:
- Active participants – young opera singers born after 1 December 1987;
- No age restrictions for listeners;
- Examination of documents – EUR 20 (non-refundable)
To be paid into a bank account upon online application.
Recipient: Sofia Opera and Ballet
Bank: United Bulgarian Bank
- Active participants – EUR 700
To be paid for active participants during the first day of the masterclass
The fee includes Work with a vocal pedagogue and an accompanist.
- Listeners – BGN 20 daily ticket.
The Sofia Opera and Ballet does not commit to the accommodation and subsistence of the Master Class participants.
If the participants wish, the organizers will refer the candidates to the COOP Hotel – a partner of the Sofia Opera and Ballet. Preferential overnight rate – EUR 35 for single room with breakfast included.
Submitted application /free text/ to the email address email@example.com, which includes a short CV, a photo with a resolution of not less than 300 dpi, an audio/video recording of the applicant's performance, repertoire with which he/she wishes to participate in the course, address, phone number, e-mail for feedback
- deadline for submission of applications – 7 October 19.00 h.
Selection of candidates
- Candidates who complete the application form on time are selected as active participants in the masterclass by Maestra Vesselina Kasarova on the basis of an audio/video recording provided. Approved candidates will be informed by 12 October at the latest.
23 October – 11.00 h Audition of the approved candidates
24 – 31 October – 10.00 – 17.00 h, Hall – Sofia Opera and Ballet
1 November – 16.00 h – Dress Rehearsal in the Chamber Hall – Sofia Opera and Ballet
2 November – 19.00 h – Gala concert of the course participants
DIPLOMAS AND AWARDS:
- All active participants will receive a diploma for completing the master class.
- The organizer provides a commitment to an outstanding participant, designated by Maestra Kasarova, in a spectacle from the repertoire of the Sofia Opera and Ballet.
During the Master Vocal Course under the guidance of Vesselina Kasarova all anti-epidemic measures will be observed according to the current orders of the Ministry of Health!
For further information: