The Italian tenor Renzo Zulian will present himself in the role of Radamès, “Aida” by Guiseppe Verdi in a spectacle of Sofia Opera and Ballet on 8 February 2014 at 19.00 h.
Zulian was born in Venice and music attracted him since very early age. Initially he practiced with his father’s guitar and then finally he directed himself towards singing. A close teacher discovered his beautiful tenor and later he improved his vocal technique with the great Italian performer Franco Corelli.
Renzo Zulian has the following roles in his repertoire:
- Manrico from “Il trovatore” by Guiseppe Verdi on the stages of Teatro Regio, Parma; Teatro della Maestranza, Siviglia; Teatro Verdi, Trieste; Teatro Verdi, Salerno; Teatro San Carlo, Naples; Staatsoper, Stuttgart; Opera Fiorentona, Milwaukee; Opera Zurich.
- Calaf from “Turandot” by Giacomo Puccini – Puccini Festival “Torre del Lago”; Teatro Comunale, Modena; Teatro Munizipale, Piacenza; Teatro Bellini, Catania; Opera Montreal; Teatro dell’Opera, Rome.
- Andrea Chénier from “Andrea Chénier” by Umberto Giordano at Teatro Verdi, Trieste;
- Rodolfo from “La Bohème” by Giacomo Pucciniс with Teatro Bellini on a tour in Japan.
- Turiddu from “Cavalleria rusticana” by Pietro Mascagni at the Giordano Festival, Baveno and Teatro Verdi, Salerno, where he presented also Canio from “Pagliacci” by Ruggero Leoncavallo.
- Arrigo from „I vespri siciliani” by Guiseppe Verdi with Opera, Toulon and Foundation Arturo Toscanini in Parma, on the stages in Busetto, Ravenna, Modena and Ferrara.
- Maurizio from “Adriana Lecouvreur” by Francesco Cilea at Teatro Bellini, Catania.
- Dick Johnson from “La fanciulla del West” by Giacomo Puccini at the Opera in Vancouver and New York City Opera.
- Pollione from “Norma” by Vincenzo Bellini at the National Theatre, Tokyo.
- Lizia from “Rhea” by Spyridon Samaras at Herodes Atticus Theatre, Athens.
- Radamès from “Aida” by Guiseppe Verdi at Teatro Politeama, Lecce; the Opera in Vancouver; the Opera in Philadelphia.
Forthcoming are his participations in the operas “Cavalleria rusticana” in Piacenza, “Turandot” in Tokyo and Vancouver, “Il trovatore” In Naples, “Tosca” in Los Angeles, “Aida” in Milwaukee, “Manon Lescaut” in Oviedo, “La forza del destino” in Modena.