Konstantin Brzhinsky was born in Saransk, graduated from the Vocal Department of the Zhiganov Kazan State Conservatory, studied in the Galina Vishnevskaya Opera Singing Centre. He is the winner of the Boris Christoff 15th International Competition (Bulgaria, 2014), the Bulbul 5th International Vocal Competition (Azerbaijan, 2010), the 10th International Competition “Hopes, Talents, Masters” (Bulgaria, 2005).
He improved his skills at the master classes of A. Milcheva, D. O’Neal, T. Hampson, M. Trombetta, Sh. Milnes, Yu. Kon, V. Yurovsky.
Konstantin Brzhinsky is a participant of such festivals as “New Itinerants”, “Rachmaninoff and the Ukrainian Culture” (Ukraine), “The Russian Music at the Baltics” (Kaliningrad), Varna Summer (Bulgaria), the Festival of the Russian Culture in the South Africa, the Yuri Bashmet Festival (Belarus), the Classic Open Air (Germany), the Week of Mstislav Rostropovich (Moscow), the festivals in Santander (Spain) and Aix-en-Provence (France), the Mstislav Rostropovich Festival in Baku (Azerbaijan), the Pushkin All-Russian Theatre Festival (Pskov), the Days of the Russian Culture in Germany, the “Unknown Shostakovich” project as a part of the Year of Russia in France. He appeared on the stages of the Walloon Royal Opera (Belgium), the Lyon Opera (France), and the National Opera of Bucharest (Romania).
Konstantin Brzhinsky has been a soloist of Helikon-Opera since 2011.
I. Operatic roles, performed in productions of Helikon-Opera
1. Mussorgsky's "Boris Godunov" - Shchelkalov
2. D. Tukhmanov's "Tsarina" - Grigory Potemkin
3. N. Rimsky-Korsakov's "The Tsar's Bride" - Griaznoy
4. A. Sergunin "Doctor Haass" - Servant
5. Tchaikovsky's "Eugene Onegin" - Onegin
6. G. Rossini's "Barber of Seville" - Le Figaro
7. G. Verdi's "A Masked Ball." - Renato
8. U. Giordano's "Siberia" - Glebov
9. R. Wagner's www.nibelungopera.ru - excerpt from "Tannhauser" opera
10. G. Bizet's "Carmen" - Escamillo
11. J. Strauss's 'Die Fledermaus' - Falke
II. Operatic roles, performed in productions of other theater groups
1. M. Mussorgsky "Marriage" - Podkolyosin (Galina Vishnevskaya Opera Centre - GVOC)
2. P. Tchaikovsky "Iolanta" - Robert (GVOC)
3. P. Tchaikovsky "Iolanta" - Ibn-Khakia (GVOC)
4. G. Verdi's "Rigoletto" - Marullo (GVOC)
5. G. Bizet's "Carmen" - Morales (GVOC)
6. D. Shostakovich's "Players" - Consolation (GVOC, together with the Orchestra of the Paris Conservatory, Paris)
7. G. Donizetti's "Don Pasquale" - Dr. Malatesta (Kazan opera studio, Conductor F. Mansurov)
8. Ch. Gounod's "Faust" - Valentin (Romanian National Theatre, Bucharest)
III. Concert repertoire
Solo parts in cantatas and oratorios
1. S. Rachmaninov - "The Bells" poem
Other extensive repertoire consists of chamber works by Russian and foreign composers.
In September 2014 Konstantin Brjinsky was awarded the First prize and golden medal at the XV edition of the Boris Christoff International Competition for Young Opera Singers.